Friday, May 24, 2013

INTENSE

The weeks began to barrel by As Kwame & Akosua spent more and more time together. They would take romantic walks hand in hand, kiss and hug often, and laugh the night away. It was bliss for the two of them, yet Kwame felt a reoccurring sense of uneasiness. He didn't know Ebo, and didn't inquire much of him, as the very acknowledgement, brought the reality full circle. Akosua was head over heels for the handsome man.. She asked herself over and over what the course of her life would be like if she had selected Kwame in the first place. Would the nights continue to be filled with passion or fade just as they had with Ebo? One evening as they strolled down the river walk taking in the gorgeous sights of the city evening, Kwame's soul troubled him. "Akosua, you know I care for you.... what do you suggest we do about the current situation. You do realize I can not carry on as the other man for so long. I wish to establish myself here in this country as well... to begin a family. You are my dream woman, perfectly my taste..." he trailed off. Sorrow washed over Akosua. She knew this day would come, and she honestly was so indifferent on what to do. On one hand.. she had gotten very accustomed to the lifestyle that Ebo had provided her, however, she didn't feel like it should come at the expense of her emotional happiness. She had long considered to go, even before Kwame had come into her life, but he certainly put it on the forefront. Akosua didnt work so financially, she was completely dependent on Ebo. He had bought her Mercedes and gave her a weekly stipend for gas, shopping and food. Whenever she considered to go, money was always the main concern she had. It was beyond obvious that she loved Kwame though... when they were apart, she dreamed of him & his sweet kisses. She longed to be at his side as the silence in her home ate her up.... "Kwame, I want all of the same things you do, and I love you so much" she answered without hesitation. Kwame's big smile spread across his smooth chocolate face, but then it quickly faded. "I could never ask you to leave your husband, but until you make a choice on what to do i believe that we should stop all this quality time. I love you as well, and it pains me greatly when you must leave me to go to your husband." Tears streamed Akosua's face instantly. "I respect you Kwame, I could not rightfully ask you to wait for me to organize myself. Financially I am in no position to move away. My husband cares for all my finances" she quietly spoke, "but I know the absence of each other's presence will not stop the love, not one bit". Kwame looked at the ground, he didnt want to stop seeing her, but he knew it was for the best. He didn't want God to be displeased with him for carrying on with a married woman, and he also feared a backlash from her unknown husband. "This may be true, but we must stop it. The sooner the better" he finished. The two avoided eye contact as they walked to their separate cars. "Please do take care of yourself honey" Kwame broke the silence. Akosua was visibly torn, and simply nodded as the sound of his voice triggered more tears. "Good evening" she replied and quickly got into her car. Kwame felt low, but he knew that something had to give... The more he was with her... the more he wanted her, and he knew as it stood, he could not have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment